Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Review...

So the last time The Wonder One and I did our pantry stock-up shopping I found this in the ethnic food aisle at our local Giant Eagle.  Given that I'd given much yapping to possibly getting my mojo back in several posts because I was losing weight again which you can see here and here, when I saw this product staring back at me from the store shelf, I had to do two things right away. 

One was to laugh.  Not just a dainty "oh isn't that sweet" laugh, but one of those "Oh, holy hell, that's some funny shit!" belly laugh cackles.  Now anyone who knows me can tell you, when I get a good laugh on, they can tell I'm not faking my laugh. 

The second thing I had to do was to snap a picture of the bottle. 

(I couldn't get my personal image to upload, this is the company's image, this image does not belong to me)

As well I couldn't get any of my other images to load for some reason so I have to rely on Badia's information for the rest of this review.  

Ingredients  

Onion, garlic, Cumin, Oregano, salt, Black pepper, Orange and Lemon Juice


(Oy! I hate when Blogger is not being cooperative)

As well the nutritional information is pretty much good except for the sodium which is 135mg/Tbsp everything else is 0, 0 Calories, 0 Fat, 0 Carbs, 0 Cholesterol.

So all the boring but necessary stuff is out of the way.  I'm sure your wondering about the IMPORTANT stuff.

How's it taste?

I used it to marinade pork chops because I'm not much of a pork eater, I only buy it when it's on sale to stretch out our budget and menu and I like to marinade it to give it flavor because I find usually pork is on the dry side.  This stuff is amazing!  It's tasty and flavorful!  It's got some zip and tang to it.  With the orange and lime juice in it, it helps to tenderize the meat nicely while the garlic and onion (which I believe is actually scallions) give it some really nice flavor.

What turned out to be a fun purchase based on the name, ended up being a treasure find.  I will def be repurchasing it again to use on other meats such as chicken and beef and can't wait to see how they turn out too!

If you try this yourself, please let me know what you used it on and how it worked for you, I'm always on the look out for new recipes!

Hugs n' toodles cheerleaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment