Saturday, October 22, 2011

Some Self Discovery Along The Way...

The past few weeks have really broken me down spiritually.  Since leaving my job and trying to find a new one, it's been tough, then on top of that with not losing my weight like I'm working at trying to.  It's all very...trying.  The one thing that didn't occur to me, until now, that I probably should've addressed, if to no one else but myself, was depression.  I've had it before.  There's no shame in it, that I know.  I just need to face it head on, admit that right now it's an issue and deal with it.

I guess recognizing there was a problem then actually putting a name to how I've been feeling was the hardest part.

Everyone knows that this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. But did you know it was Depression Awareness Month too?  I didn't.  I just found out.  There are so many other issues out there that people face besides the big ones that need our attention that are just as lethal.  People can die from depression just as easily as a car accident or cancer but yet, you don't hear about it.  It truly is a shame, and a tragedy.

Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything stupid.  lol, I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself.  Besides, I can always console myself with a good cry and using my extra points with my two best friends...Ben & Jerry.  Then come Monday, I'm calling the doctor,  even though I should've done it a few weeks ago, now is probably a good time to get on an antidepressant.  It couldn't hurt. 

Then once I'm back to work or feeling better or whatnot, we'll talk again and see where I am.

But right now, I'm all cried out.  Or maybe not. 

Anyone have some Kleenex?

No comments:

Post a Comment