Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nervous about tomorrow...

I have to admit, I'm nervous for tomorrow morning.

It'll be my first weigh in since being back on plan.  Let's be a bit realistic, last week didn't really count.  I'd only been back on plan for a mere 24 hours.  Can't do much in that amount of time now can I?

I mean besides wrap my head around what it is I need to do and get my mind screwed on right.

So I'm nervous because it'll be my first real weigh in and I'm rather anxious to see what the scale says (or doesn't say...or if it laughs at me)...I know I shouldn't give this piece of equipment the power of me that I do, but I just can't help myself.

So for the past week that's what I've been doing. I think I've been doing it well.  I've had some serious self discovery along the way as well too.

Watched another WONDERFUL documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  At a friend's insistence (thank you Sarah!) and I'm so very glad I did!  It had truly inspired me! I want to give it a go, but when I looked into juicing on the Weight Watchers website, and how I need to work it into the plan, it wasn't very clear and I want to make sure that it comes together.  Some people on the boards also indicated that they'd gained (yeah I couldn't believe it either) so I want to get to the library and really do some more reading up on it so that I'm making sure that it's something that is really good for me and in my best interest.  Especially where my diabetes is concerned.  That is something I do not want to play around with!  How ever I totally agree with the film maker in that if we've made our bodies unwell from unhealthy eating to begin with, it stands to reason that we should be able to make our bodies well and healthy from healthy eating.  Just give it the right foods and time.

Speaking of which, I went to the doctor today to follow up with a previous office visit and talk about my lab draw that I had done last week...

First off, the phlebo was a hot mess.  I told her where to draw and she didn't listen to me.  Secondly, look what she left behind!






I couldn't figure out what the hell it was!  I'd never seen anything like it.  It was on there from the Thursday I had the labs drawn till today.  As the doctor and I poked at it and the nurse and I picked at it, all three of us had a light bulb moment (one giant DUH! lol) and it turned out to be adhesive of all things!!  Anyways, that's taken care of.

Onto test results....

The one that I really wanted to know was my A1c.  It was 7.5, which is up from my previous 6.3 (if memory serves me correct) yet down from my all time high of 13.1 which was where it was when I was when I was in the hospital a few years ago and lost 20 some pounds but didn't keep it off.  This time around, I've been more successful with more weight off for longer.

The doctor was happy with my over all fats panel in that it was 223.  It should be below 206 he says.  However, there's always room for improvement.

My triglycerides were 240, they should be below 150.

My good fats (HDL) is 46, I'd like to get them higher though because they are too close to being on the borderline of bad. Borderline of bad is 40.

My bad fats (LDL) is 129, they should be below 70.  Not screaming scary high, but still...I'd like it to be below 70.

These are numbers I'd like to get sorted along with my weight, but given that if my weight comes in line, I figure that so will these numbers.

So now we know...

One more thing...

I've been diagnosed with ADHD.  I was put on a new medication called Strattera.  Talk about a relief.  I'm not crazy and hopefully I'll be able to deal with my shiny ball syndrome.  I'll be able to do the simplest of things, such as read a book.  Something I've not been able to do for roughly 7 years.  I miss it. 

We'll see what happens and how the medication works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment