Monday, September 12, 2011

*Cue Gene Autry*


To avoid the emotional turmoil and tears of the day yesterday, The Wonder One and I spent the day out running errands going here and there getting things done.  One of the things we did do and I quite enjoyed was that we went to Battelle Darby Creek Park where they have some of the nicest trails around that are suitable for nearly everyone you can imagine and then some!

We figured there were a lot of people trying to do what we were doing (avoiding the television and the ensuing emotions that went with the day) because the park was swarming with families!  Yet it was never truly crowded nor did you feel like you were tripping over the person next to you.

It was only at the end of our excursion when I stopped suddenly trying to figure out where we parked when I was knocked into by a lady not paying attention to what was going on around her and she was right up behind me just a might bit to close.  Reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw earlier in the day ~~ "If your going to ride my ass, at least pull my hair while you do it!"  So instead of getting upset at getting run over by the obnoxious woman, I just laughed.  Of course she thought I was nuts.  I thought,  "that's okay lady, go ahead and think I'm nuts, better to think that, because if I were pissed, you'd be limping!"

So yeah, I'm back in the saddle again.  I'm liking being outside right now, because it's not blistering hot like it was a few weeks ago.  I want to do this until I have to go back into the gym due to bad weather I've decided.  I've also decided to take a cue from The Darby One and take my camera with me too.  So given time, you'll be able to see what I see and I can take you with me on my workouts.

This should be fun!

Let us pray...

1 comment:

  1. Just think, now you have the chance to see some bison as the inspiration to get stronger and walk farther. I'm also enjoying the park, I can't believe we've lived so close to it for so long and never checked it out before.

    ReplyDelete