Monday, September 12, 2011

A new sort of motivation...

So tonight The Wonder One and I went on our trail hike out at Battelle and then when we got back to the car I told him "Since we're here and that was basically a warm up for you, why don't you go and do your run for the night, I can busy myself at the car."

I didn't have to twist his arm much.  He was off like his hair was on fire.  Blazing his way down the trail to go farther down than what we had.  He cam back thirty minutes later with some interesting news.

"Remember where we turned around?" He asked me.  "Mmm" I murmured in reply.  "Well, I ran about seven minutes down the trail past there and you will never believe what is out in the fields there." he's still trying to get my attention but I'm preoccupied with whatever it was I was doing.  "Bison" he states clearly.

WHAT?!?!

Keep in mind that we live in Central Ohio.  We're not out in the open prairie mind you, but we're in a fairly citified (well, not exactly where we are at when we're at Battelle, but you get my meaning when I say Central Ohio at least) area.  We're the 15th largest city in the country.  That's kinda sorta impressive.  At least to me it is.  We've got BUFFALO roaming in my freaking (basically) backyard!!!

So I had to stop what I was doing to give him my full on attention. 

We made plans to do our usual training walk on Wednesday.  However we're taking our bikes with us. So we can give them a whirl.

So yeah, my goal now is to walk to where they roam......yeah yeah go ahead and sing it, you know you want to....because I'm sure there are some deer out there too....because that to me sounds so freaking cool.

But until then, I'll continue on my training plan, The Wonder One will be pulling my bike out so we can go riding on the trails out at Battelle and I'll go ride out to where they are.  My fat ass hasn't been on a bike in YEARS.  This should prove to be interesting.  Not to mention dangerous.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to get pictures.  Thank God our insurance is up-to-date.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't running like my hair was on fire; I didn't take off that fast, and besides if my hair really was on fire, I would have stopped, dropped, and rolled. I'm looking forward to showing you where the buffalo roam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compared to what I would've been doing had I tried to take off running...yeah, you're hair was on fire =P

    I can't wait to see them! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete