Sunday, September 4, 2011

World of chaos...

A week ago yesterday I left my workplace to go out to my car and found that it had been broken into, not just broken into but as well vandalized.  Not just vandalized, my dash was sitting in the drivers seat!

It's taken me till now to be able to process this past week and put it all into words.  To be able to get it all out and share with you.  Not just the feelings of being violated that was brought on by my car being broken into and the ensuing theft, but the downhill snowball effect that built up that started in that moment.

I actually had to drag the cop out of his cruiser when he showed up!  Yep, you read that right.  When he arrived on scene he asked why it was I called.  I told him "Well, Sir, you're gonna hafta get outta your cruiser to see this in order to appreciate it."  Granted, it took him a minute to wiggle his big ole gut out from behind the wheel of the car, but needless to say, he was mighty well impressed with the handiwork of the robbers.





Thankfully the Wonder One can fix it.  Thankfully the employer will reimburse for parts so that it CAN be fixed.  As well they should given that it was sitting right under a cctv.  Yep,  you read that correctly.  As far as I'm aware and know it doesn't work either.  More on this in a minute.

So that is on Saturday morning. 

I decided to start putting in applications in at various employers around town on Monday.

I get a call from the Wonder One on Tuesday afternoon when he was on his way to work, HIS car died.  More to the point it blew a headgasket.  Just in case you don't know what that means, when your car's oil becomes like a milkshake, it's allllllll bad.

Due to what all happened on Saturday morning and the fact that this was not the first time it had happened.  Yet it was the first time it was vandalized.  All summer long I'd heard gunshots from the apartment complexes in the neighborhood from across the street.  I'd made the decision that it was time for me to go.  I no longer felt safe at work.  That was Wednesday. 

Thursday started looking up when I got a call for an interview (YaY!) from one of my applications that I had put out.

Friday the Wonder One and I got word that we were going to get help with the cost of the repair for his car. So thankfully the curse of three's happened all in one week and quickly, and by weeks end it had to start to turn around.

The hitch in all this is that come Saturday morning the Wonder One went on vacation with his brother.  So bearing that in mind it's no surprise I'm a bit depressed and out of sorts. 

It's no surprise that I answered the call of a beckoning pan of brownies.

I'm not sure if I'm ashamed or embarrassed by this or just remorseful.  All I know is I wish that pan of brownies was bigger...

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I'm sorry that all this happened to you! They certainly did a number on our car! I can't blame you at all for not feeling safe at work, I would be the exact same way. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your interview goes very well and that you're offered a fantastic position that pays well. And I, too, wish that pan of brownies was bigger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up sweetie, you know we are here for you. Step away from the damn Brownie pan and get out there training with me!!

    ReplyDelete