Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One more thing I'm going to be working on...

So with everything else I've been doing to better my health and well being, eating right and exercising.  There are two things that I've not done that I truly should in order to improve my health.

One, is to get 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night.  Now with my work schedule being what it is, I won't be able to get those hours consistently at the same time every day, but I do want to work on at least getting those hours done.  I've read and heard reports that state too little and it throws the body off, same with too many hours of sleep.  So that is one more thing I plan on working on.

Two, I am going to be working on weaning myself off of diet soda.  I've drank diet soda for as long as I can remember.  Probably all the way back to high school.  Yeah I know.......that long ago?  Trust me, that long ago, dinosaurs didn't roam the earth.  I know....I would've made a tasty snack. 

Anyways, I've read articles that state that artificial sweeteners will make you crave sweets just that much more.  So in an effort to try to bring things under control (read that to be the cankle swelling) I'm going to work on not drinking so much diet soda.  The goal for now is to bring it down to two cans of soda a day.

Believe me, you don't want to know how much I drank before.

It's scary to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment