Thursday, August 25, 2011

So I've been trying to sort a few things out...

As you well know, I've been under the weather.

No surprise the 9 pound gain is enough to make anyone trying to lose weight sick as a dog.

The Darby One announced that much to her chagrin she has decided to train to walk/run a 5k.  The details as of yet I'm not privy to.  When I am, you my dear friends will be as well.

Why you may be wondering?

I'll share with you.

In an effort to sort out why it is things have run amok, I'm going back to basics as it were.  I'm going back to week one of Weight Watchers.  I mean that to say, I'm going to treat it all as if it were brand new to me and put my nose to every label and my nose to the program as if I'd never seen it before. As well, I'll be starting anew on my fitness plan.  As well, while the Darby One trains for her 5k I will be as well in solidarity to show my support of her efforts.  I may not run it, it very well may be a walk, but complete it I will.

We'll see how we get across that finish line won't we?

In 6 weeks time I've got the training program mapped out.

Come hell or high water, I'll get there.

Let's see where this takes us.

Ice pack anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the best thing to do is go back to the beginning at start over. Heaven knows I have done that many a time on craft projects, but that relates more to my knitting ability or lack thereof. What matters most is your determination and stubborn (yes, you!) bull-headedness not to let this setback dictate your life. Get back on that horse, grit your teeth and get back at it!

    ReplyDelete