Friday, July 15, 2011

Definitions...

Serendipity is when someone finds something that they weren't expecting to find...roughly speaking.

Then there is kismet.

Kismet is division, portion, lot, fate, akin to qasama to divide.

Then for today's weird encounter/*thing* I think the best word would be happenstance.  Which when I looked up the definition is:  A chance circumstance: "Marriage loomed only as an outgrowth of happenstance".  Yeah, I think that would be the word I'm looking for.


As it would be, happenstance led me to sleep in today.  I normally get up as early as possible on Fridays because in the early afternoons I lay back down to sleep because I work 7pm to 7am on Fridays and Saturdays.  My weekends get eaten up, but my job is such that I work those two days and pretty much get paid like a full time job.  Sort of.  Anyways.  I slept in, got up late.  Was up at a time that I'm not normally up when the phone rings.


It's Victory Fitness Center the barnacle (this is where the monitor aka phone monitor is one of her other nicknames) says.  I tell her to answer it because I want to talk to them. 


This was the kick in the pants I needed I just didn't really know I needed, or wasn't really willing to admit to it (hence serendipity). So I talk to the nice young lady, she asks "We haven't seen you in a while and was wondering if you had in questions?"  Well yes....


So I have an appointment on Monday July 18, 2011 at 9 am.  I figure if I told everyone (what few of you there were) it would keep me accountable, at least if to no one else but me.  So this is where I'm thinking that sleeping in was kismet.....

But then it all boils down to happenstance...

No comments:

Post a Comment