Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Used and Abused

At least that's how the evil one has me feeling today.

I've got muscle's in my abdomen that I didn't know I had!  I know that I have them because they freaking HURT!  They hurt because no matter what direction I move, they scream, they moan...I whimper.  People stare.

It's embarrassing.  Yes, I went back today.  Barbie clone (different girl who wants to be just like the barbie girl from yesterday...yanno, just as cute and annoying) didn't want to be bothered with me because the evil one was working at another location so she tells me "the more cardio you do, the faster you'll see results!"  Which is fine, I don't mind this, as she puts me on the recumbent bike and walks away.  Except this is when I find out that my iPod needs to be plugged in daily or it won't work.  The little fucker is a power hungry energy beast.  SHEESH.  I need you people to warn me of these things!  As it was barbie clone puts me on level 2 and says "I'll see you in 15 minutes then we'll get you on the elliptical machine, THEN we'll put you BACK on the treadmill, K?" all perky, like.  I had this brief day dream of me crushing her smile with my cell phone and smiling back with the same perky smile "K!".  But I climbed on and did the best I could for 11 minutes at level 1 stopping and starting repeatedly.  Hey, I figured this was my second day.  I'll progress and get better. I know I will, I just need time, and it'll be my way of seeing progress.

It was at this point my butt just couldn't take the seat, I climbed off and looked around for the clone, she was no where to be found.

Yep, you guessed it, splitsville to God only knows where.

So I left.  I cut my workout short.

Don't worry it.  I was mildly irritated.  Given the level of stiffness and soreness today following yesterday, it's probably a good thing.  I'll go back tomorrow.  Give it another go with a lower body workout and a try at the core again.

Tomorrow's just another day and workout away.

2 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I giggled insanely when you called your iPod a little fucker? Oh yeah, I have the maturity of a five-year old.

    That sucks that she just left you there on the cardio machines! That's very unprofessional. Did you complain, or just want to get out of there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, No it's not wrong. Don't worry, when I get tired my maturity level drops to that of a 12 year old boy....yep, fart jokes become funny!

    No, I didn't complain, in the grand scheme of it all I figured I'm going to be there for a long time (I'm at the start of this process) and didn't seem prudent to piss off the people who were quite possibly the ones who were going to help get me to where I wanted to be. So I just walked out.

    The barnacle has a doctors' appointment at 8am so once that's done, I'll be going back in to work on upper body and doing my weigh in. This will be my 3 month marker. This will be a milestone of sorts. I've never stuck with anything this long so it's going to be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

    ReplyDelete